Friday, October 21, 2016

6 weeks! extending it....

Officially 6 weeks into the elimination diet.

So far I've been pretty good about eliminating all the possible aggravating ingredients, but I have let myself "cheat" a few times and I'm wondering if I'e really messed it all up?

I just terribly miss some of those foods. The other day I had half a soft pretzel (gluten). Then at a picnic I ate a small slice of cake that I knew had honey in the batter, and a soy milk based icing. That night I was in TERRIBLE pain... doubled over from the stabbing feeling of being so so so bloated. I do feel like it was either the honey or soy  milk. But not really sure... too many variables!

I've decided to extend the elimination for 8 weeks and hopefully that'll help me clear up again?

I've also been thinking about getting in touch with a dietician for the reintroduction phase. I just don't want to leave anything to chance and do it wrong, then have all of this other effort to waste.

I DID identify some issues though in these past couple of weeks...

- coconut milk/creme --- very gassy
- 90% dark chocolate --- I guess too much fiber??
- possibly baby carrots --- guessing too much fiber


I also made some delicious new recipes:

*Asian grilled chicken --- chicken breasts, cubed or in thinner slices. Marinate for a few hours in chopped ginger and scallions (green part) and Bragg's Liquid Aminos.

* Asian chicken stir fry --- stir 'fried' brown rice, mixed with one egg and 2 egg whites scrambled in, minced ginger, green scallion parts, and diced baby carrots (not too many!)

* Ginger-bread Oatmeal --- quick oats mixed with half smashed banana, minced ginger, cinnamon, and lactose-free milk


No comments:

Post a Comment