Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Day 1 on FODMAP

So today was Day 1!

I plan on doing a fairly strict 8 week FODMAP elimination, where maybe after 4-6 weeks I'll test some of the ingredients that are not totally known yet or are OK for some and not for others (flaxseeds, eggplant, etc.)

Either way, here's what I ate today:


Breakfast :  1/4 organic oats, 10 raspberries, 3/4 c lactose free milk, coffee

snack :  2 egg whites, dried seaweed snack pack

Lunch : 3oz grilled chicken breast, 1 corn thin (like a rice cake made of corn), 1/2 packet mayonnaise, 1/2 small grapefruit

snack : 10 almonds, 10 raspberries, 1 colby-jack cheese stick


Dinner: 2oz grilled chicken mixed into 2/3 cup egg whites, 1 colby jack cheese stick, 6 baby carrots

snack:  1 red rice & quinoa cake, 1 square dark chocolate, 1/2 tablespoon natural peanut butter



I've felt pretty good all day! Right now I feel some pressure in my lower GI... maybe even that 1/2 grapefruit is bothersome?
I also know that it could be due to foods from yesterday, right? I only started today, and have not... gone to the bathroom... today just yet. So I'm wondering if anything I ate yesterday could be causing some pressure

But, this is very mild compared to what I usually feel, so I am very hopeful!

I plan on eating mostly the same tomorrow, minus the 1/2 grapefruit and I'll have extra eggs at lunch instead of chicken.







No comments:

Post a Comment