Sunday, September 11, 2016

Days 4 - 6 ... hallelujah!

OH thank god

So back on Day 3.. I was on day 3 of low FODMAP but also day 3 of constipation and just feeling SO FULL all the time. I didn't even make it to 700 calories that last day because of how terribly full I felt, and that's no good!

That night I drank half a magnesium citrate.

Woke up at 6:15 on Day 4, still not needing to go. I was starting to feel hopeless... decided to go for a walk, and after about 15 minutes I started to think I might need to turn around! Ran back, and haaaaallelujah it worked. Half a bottle is great by the way. Wasn't totally sure how it would all work out since a full bottle would force me to stay home all day... But half a bottle was just what was needed. Worked fine, and then I was able to get to work and not have any issues at work or be uncomfortable.

But then there remained the looming question.... will my body be able to do this on its own tomorrow, and the next day, etc?

and YES!!! everything's been great since then. Odd consistency sometimes, but I'm thinking that might be due to the fact that I've gone up to 2 Tablespoons of ground flax per day? Either way it doesn't bother me one bit. I am SO SO SO happy that my body's been able to adjust and do its thing.

And the BEST part is.... none of my old IBS symptoms have returned! Every day I'm feeling better and better. No distention, gas, aches, pain, pressure, etc. I'm able to sleep in any position I want (I used to have to sleep like a tightly-wrapped mummy to keep everything... contained...). And my stomach is flatter each day. No more preggo baby.

So, I know this might just be these past few days and things could change. I don't want to get ahead of myself and think everything's solved forever. And I know the reintroduction phase will mix this allllll up.  But either way I'm just happy to have some relief and to see that this low FODMAP plan is really working. Makes me very VERY hopeful about pinpointing the issue foods later on in the reintroduction phase.

today's food was good:

Brunch:  low FODMAP ice cream: blended frozen banana, PB2 powder, ground flax, cocoa powder, and a splash of milk. Popped it back in the freezer to solidify, then took it out and topped it with more ground flax, chunky peanut butter, some pumpkin seeds, and a sliced up strawberry. Enjoyed with a glass of lactose free milk :)

Snack: plantain chips & baby carrots

Dinner: homemade burgers, quinoa/rice cake, slice of cheese, baby carrots, pickles

snack: quinoa/rice cake with a low FODMAP chocolate spread I made: PB2 powder, cocoa powder, and splash of milk. Topped with sliced strawberries, and a square of dark chocolate on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment