Thursday, September 29, 2016

good day... but I miss pizza :(

It's been great lately. Little to no GI issues. A little upset recently and I'm pretty sure it was bagged spinach from the grocery store. As soon as I stopped eating it all slight issues were gone. I'm so so so happy to be on this discovery path!

Went out to dinner tonight, THAT is definitely a challenge. I REEEEALLY miss garlic and onions. I really miss those flavors, and they are also in everything I love to eat!

I also really really really crave pizza right now. I typically only eat pizza once or twice a month, and good pizza... the brick oven type with the puffy crust at a nice pizza place. No Domino's junk.

A few days before starting the elimination diet I got a craving for a nice brick oven crusty pizza, but my boyfriend had had pizza a couple times that week already so we went elsewhere and got salads and chicken. Delicious dinner... but now my craving has continued!!! I didn't satisfy it and now I miss that pizza SOOOOO bad!

I'm looking forward to hopefully not having issues with gluten and at least making homemade pizza with a sauce that does not have garlic & onion (as I do believe these were contributing to my issues). I want to try that asafetida powder I read about that gives foods an onion powder flavor. And then I can also use garlic-infused oil in the sauce and on the crust to get that flavor too.

MMmm....... pizza....


today's meals:

Breakfast:  Chocolate Dragonfruit overnight Oats - 1/2 a mashed dragonfruit, 1 T. dark cocoa powder,  1/2 cup oats, 1/2 T. ground flax, small drizzle maple syrup. Mixed and left overnight

Snack: plain rice cake, 2 T. peanut butter, sliced banana

Lunch: 3 egg whites, cheddar cheese stick, 1 cup cooked baby carrots, 10 almonds, rice cake

Snack: 1/2 cup lactose free milk, square 85% dark chocolate

Dinner: (at restaurant) Seared salmon with crabmeat, fingerling potatoes, roasted carrots
I had to have them leave out the farro side since I read it has gluten, and of course I could not nosh on the bread at the table :(

Dessert : flourless chocolate cake -- from the restaurant. I only ate a few bites. It was made with eggs, sugar, dark chocolate, and cocoa. But it was dense and I didn't want to have too much on account of them probably using a higher-dairy chocolate in the cake. Also it kind of tasted like shit.... they added salt on the outside, which I usually love salted chocolate. But it was overkill and tasted like they accidentally used salt instead of sugar in the batter!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment