Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Day 2 --- what gives?

Ugh. end of Day 2 and still haven't been able to go to the bathroom.

I read a lot about people dealing with constipation while on FODMAP elimination. I didn't think it would happen since I'm eating oats and fruit every day! But this totally sucks.

It's also affecting my appetite.... I feel full most of the time so I'm not eating nearly as much as before.
 I logged my intake for yesterday and today to make sure I was eating balanced.. it was only around 1,000 calories yesterday and then today 800 :(((((
that's not good! I'm not doing this to lose weight... I'm doing this to resolve whatever my GI issues are and move on with my life.

I added some ground flax to my dinner tonight hoping that this will help. I read that some people can tolerate flax, others can't, but that it's supposed to help move things along. I added 1.5 teaspoons to my dinner and hopefully that'll get things going for tomorrow morning.


I woke up with pains in my lower GI.. but different than the usual pains. This definitely felt like constipation.

But, the good news is I didn't have bloating or pains all throughout the day. I just feel full and like I wish I could go!

Here was my food today. Again... it's not enough, I'd like to eat more I'm just feeling so full...



Breakfast:  1/4 cup oats, 1/2 cup raspberries & blueberries, 1/2 T. roasted pumpkin seeds, 1 cup lactose-free milk

Snack:  2 egg whites

Lunch:  2 egg whites, 1 corn cake, 1 T. natural chunky PB, 3 large strawberries, 1/4 cup blueberries

Dinner:  1/2 cup egg whites, 1/4 cup brown rice, 1.5 tsp ground flax, 8 baby carrots

Snack:  5 raspberries, 1 square 85% dark chocolate













No comments:

Post a Comment