Monday, September 12, 2016

Day 7 --- tomorrow marks end of week 1 !

So today marks the end of the full 7th day on FODMAP elimination.

I plan on doing the elimination for at least 6 full weeks... maybe 8 if I can! And then I'll start the reintroduction phase to test each food group.

Overall I am VERY HAPPY with the way things are going now. First few days were so rough with the constipation and always feeling full, but now everything is regular.

I definitely do feel more full than I used to. I have to consciously add calories each day. And I miss yogurt! I think that's probably the thing I miss most... I used to gobble up those 100 calorie greek yogurts, Light & Fit, etc. But I'm definitely thinking they were one of the nasties that was causing me issues... not only do they have dairy, but a lot of times they have chicory or inulin added. And I am VERY suspicious about those 2 ingredients now... I didn't realize how many of the processed "healthy" foods I was eating all the time were chock full of them. Protein bars, high-fiber 'health' cereals, yogurts... I wouldn't be surprised if those ingredients totally flop in the reintroduction phase.

Either way, good day, still feeling great. Trying out new recipes to keep things interesting and am REALLY enjoying everything I eat. I feel like I'm indulging :D


Breakfast: Dragonfruit Bowl -- 1/2 mashed dragonfruit mixed with 1 T. chia, 1 T. ground flax, 1 T. milk, 1 T. peanut powder, topped with 1 T. pumpkin seeds and handful of berries

snack: 1 c. lactose-free milk, 3 egg whites, 1 quinoa/rice cake

Lunch: 1/2 90% lean hamburger patty, 1 colby-jack cheese stick, 1 quinoa/rice cake, 1 kiwi

snack: 10 almonds, 1/2 cup blueberries

Dinner:  Cheeseburger Egg White Omelet --- 1/2 chopped up patty, 1 slice american cheese, 1 cup egg whites. I then cut the omelette in half and had half for dinner, saving the other half for tomorrow
+ 1oz plantain chips, 10 baby carrots

dessert: 1 quinoa/rice cake with 1 square 85% dark chocolate melted on top and a sliced strawberry, topped with 5 crushed almonds

No comments:

Post a Comment