Thursday, September 8, 2016

Day 3 - ugh

Today's Day 3 of my FODMAP elimination phase, and also Day 3 of no bathroom!

I added 1.5 tsp of ground flax to my dinner last night, and 2 tablespoons of ground flax to my breakfast this morning. I've been drinking tons of water to see if that would help too.

But unfortunately nothing's worked.. not coffee, exercise, flax, brown rice, tons of water.  Its making me feel uncomfortably full and making it really difficult for me to eat enough calories. Today was an all time low, and I don't want it to continue like that!

The one nice part is that I am definitely not experiencing the same GI pains and bloating as before. Now I do feel bloated due to not being able to go to the bathroom... but this is very different from the terrible effects of my previously FODMAP full diet.

So I'm really hoping this phase will pass and it's just my body adjusting to the change, so that I can continue and finish the elimination phase and start the re-intro phase later on.


I ended up buying a bottle of Magnesium Citrate to help with my situation, but only drank half the bottle. I know it kicks in strong for me, so I'm hoping half the bottle will be low enough to not put me too out of commission tomorrow, but will still do the trick.

We'll see!

today's meals were actually super tasty, just not enough cals.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup brown rice, 3/4 c. lactose-free milk, 1/2 c. raspberries & blueberries

snack:  1/2 small grapefruit, 1 cup cooked rainbow chard

no lunch :( no appetite

dinner:  3 cups kale & baby spinach, 1/2 c. feta cheese, 10 kalamata olives, 1.5 oz grilled chicken

snack: 1 corn thin cake, 1/2 c. honeydew & cantaloupe melon

No comments:

Post a Comment